Asian Home Gourmet Spice Paste for Vietnamese Pho Noodle Soup
Boris Mann 4th January 2023 at 1:59am
The instructions from the back of the package:
Vietnamese Pho Serves 3
- 1 packet Vietnamese Pho Noodle Soup Spice Paste
- 3 cups (750 ml) water or unsalted beef or chicken stock
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 250 g (½lb) beef, thinly sliced
- 150 g (5 oz) dried rice noodle (to cook the noodles, follow pack instructions and portion into 3 bowls)
- ¼ cup (50 g) bean sprouts, lightly blanched
- Fresh sweet basil leaves, green lime, coriander leaves and cut chillies as garnish (optional)
- Bring water or unsalted beef or chicken stock, Spice Paste and onion in a saucepan to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced beef; bring to boil. Remove the cooked or medium rare beef and set aside.
- Place beef on noodles and pour soup over. Garnish with bean sprouts, basil leaves and lime. Serve hot.
Here’s a Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from the Asian Home Gourmet website.
Welk’s General Store
Real Canadian Superstore
Coco et Olive
Norman's Fruit and Salad
South China Seas
Triple A Market
Polonia Sausage House
Pacific Bread Company
Rio Friendly Meats
Tama Organic Life
Columbus Meat Market
Where to Buy